Four Le Roi Elegants in Brooks Blanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from EarlD

EarlD

I finally got the camera equipment out and made some pics of the last couple of weeks "play". These are Le Roi Elegants in Black Chrome dressed in blanks from Brooks803. All were reverse painted black and tubes painted black, except one was done metallic blue. All finished with mm to 12k, then the Beale buff and wax.

P1030744.jpg

P1030746.jpg

P1030750.jpg

P1030751.jpg

The blank was purple with lots of clear in it. The metallic blue overpowers the purple in the photo.
P1030756.jpg

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Bobalu

They all look terrific, but I like the second one down best. I've been wondering why you haven't posted any new creations in about three weeks. I figured you were too busy playing with the metal lathe. Could these be be the result of that play?

76winger

Boy those are purdy...

Seriously, they all look great and have wonderful color depth. And the finish looks smooth as glass as well.

EarlD

They all look terrific, but I like the second one down best. I've been wondering why you haven't posted any new creations in about three weeks. I figured you were too busy playing with the metal lathe. Could these be be the result of that play?

Bob, I did turn these on the metal lathe. Kinda fun to take the final cuts to size at one thou off per cut. Leaves it smooth. Start sanding with the 2400 micromesh.

Earl

RogerH

Wow, you say you started sanding at 2400! Didn't realize that the precision of a metal lathe yielded cuts that incredibly smooth.

All very beautiful, with the green one fabulous IMO. Congrats.

wizard

Earl, Those are a beautiful group of pens!! Great finish on all. I think the pictures turned out stellar! Love the match of components with Jonathan blanks. Think you've got your new metal lathe mastered!
Regards, Doc

Brooks803

They all look great Earl! That "smoke" one is really cool. Hope you can make it to the meeting in Dec. I'll try to bring some more fun stuff to try out. Pics are amazing btw!

Top Bottom