Four cigars, probably my best yet...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from redfishsc

Status
Not open for further replies.

redfishsc

Made these today, had some fun. The first is a gift, the next two are for sale, and the last one I'm keepin!

BTW sorry for the pic quality, my pen making skills kinda outshine my photography skills. That ebony pen gave me a fit trying to get a good photo of.

Black ebony with bloodwood accents (they are hard to see in pic), platinum hardware. I'll be a-usin' blackwood next time. Finish is just wax. Gift for one of my Old Testament professors who is Ethiopian by birth, they have ebony all over the place there, he will like this.
ebony_bloodwood_cigar.JPG

Spalted live oak. Was very solid. Finish is conversion varnish (a 2-part lacquer type product, very tough). Sprayed via airbrush.
spalted_liveoak_cigar.JPG

Laminated--- center is bloodwood, followed by very thin maple, then black cherry, then ash, and the lil teardrop is sapele. Fun blank to make. Finish is conversion varnish.
laminated_cigar1a.JPG

Same pen, diffn't angle
laminated_cigar1b.JPG

Finally, a very nice piece of redheart given to me by a local friend, I haven't seen him here yet though (if you are James, ooops!). Platinum hardware and finished with conversion varnish, then MM'd and polished with Finesse-It II. Mine! All MINE!
redheart_cigar.JPG

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SteveRoberts

Nice work! I like the cigar kit best of the ball points but have gone to mostly RB and FP in my own work.

I REALLY know how you feel about the photography vs. shop skills, if I could take a decent picture I could take over the (pen) world.[}:)][;)]

thewishman

Beautiful work! The woods and the finishes are very nice. Trying to come up with a favorite is tough. I have to say that the winner is the lamination, with the other three tied for runner-up.

Chris

redfishsc

[:D]

Thanks all. I have to say that I'm partial to the redheart (that's why I'm a-keepin' her). I woke up this morning and found my wife using it (I came in late last night from the shop so it was the first she'd seen it). She has a red acrylic slimline that she normally uses, I was kinda suprized to see her using a fat cigar pen.

Now that makes me smile[:D].

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom