Fountain Pen Cambridge

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from rcflyer23

rcflyer23

A few weeks ago I purchased a Cambridge Hybrid and was pretty disappointed in the quality of the kit after about of week of use. I let Woodcraft know and they sent a replacement kit. Well upon examination of this kit I noticed that the plating looked better and the fit of the bands was much better than the previous kit.

Here is what came off the lathe.....

So far I am really happy with this one. This is a blank from exoticblanks.com called Golden Dawn.

Attachments

• IMG_3248_689x768.jpg
    IMG_3248_689x768.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 204
  • IMG_3251_799x768.jpg
    IMG_3251_799x768.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 207
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rcflyer23

Yeah I am big Woodcraft fan. I just wanted them to know about the experience and never expected them to send me another kit. I know they really don't have any control over the quality of the kits they are just the reseller but at the same time I would want to know if one of my customers had an issue with something that I sold them.

bitshird

Yours looks great, but now I'm worried, I have a kit I've been holding onto for over a month, I guess I'd better look at it, I like the Golden Dawn blank, I did one on a Gentleman for the PITH it looks great on a large pen.

rcflyer23

Ken, I think it really comes down to you can get a bad one with anything. My complaints about the kit were that the two golden bands spin after assembly and the Insert on the Clip fell out after a week of use. I fixed the clip by CA'ing it back in. The bands still spin. On this pen however they do not spin they were much tighter on this kit. You could just put a small dab of CA as you are assembling the kit to keep them from spinning. Those were really the only complaints I had, I love the way the kit looks. The plating and everything is much better with this kit. It must have just been a bad kit. Fortunately the first one was a personal pen and didn't go out to anyone.

rcflyer23

Thanks for the comments. I am pretty happy with how it turned out. I was playing with some different setups with the photos and I think I got pretty close. Now I want to add a a little interest in the background but haven't decided what I want I had been using a yellow parchment but it seems to soak up to much light. I just need to get out there and play with a few ideas.

Top Bottom