fountain pen..

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from bigkev

bigkev

hi, i made this fountain pen today for fellow member artemiss, but im not sure if its done right, i bought the kit from ebay a year or more ago but just never got round to doing it...
is it supposed to have thread showing whether the top is on or not???
and when assembling the top i found i had to turn back some of the material to expose some brass tube to locate the end without the clip...

unfortunately it came without instructions so i'v just had to muddle on as best i could, and help would be greatly appreciated, or suggestions for a better fountain pen kit....
IMG_0125.jpg

IMG_0127.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

IPD_Mr

Yes, that means it is postable. You can post the cap on the top of the pen so it is not lost or rolling around on the desk when you are writing with it.

bigkev

ah right i understand now... i'v seen the postable signs on ones for sale and always thought surely they'll all go in the post....lol.
what do i do with the O rings and little material tube???
there was also a spare little brass tube which i have no idea about....

BSea

Personally, I'm not a fan of postable pens. There are many fountain pen kits that I think are nicer looking than the kit you used. BTW, I think you did a great job making the pen itself.

I like the Majestic jr from PSI (even though it's a postable pen). A few other vendors sell it too. It's big brother is the majestic, and it's not postable. It's a little too large for my taste.

Probably the most used are the Jr. Statesman II, and the Jr. Gent II. Both come in either postable or non-postable. CSUSA sells both pens in both models. They also both come in larger versions. I think the larger ones are non-postable only. But I'm not positive on that.

Last edited:

fred holsclaw

ah right i understand now... i'v seen the postable signs on ones for sale and always thought surely they'll all go in the post....lol.
what do i do with the O rings and little material tube???
there was also a spare little brass tube which i have no idea about....

the o rings go over the threads so that is a better seal that it dose not dry out
the spare is just that a spare tube

Top Bottom