Found in a antique store

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from penmaker134

penmaker134

I came across this pen in a antique mall thats in ravenna ohio. I have to say it was a very awesome find, and as I looked at it through the glass I said to my self I need to buy this so I did.

I came home and looked up some information about it when I bought it I had asked the clerk what year was this made and he said 1940-1950 and so I looked at the clip that said wearever and as I looked it up the information these fountain were the first before bic pens were around. Around the end of the 1950's the wearever pen was bought out by Dixon, and also in 1958 bic had just acquired the waterman pen company in the U.S. and he was a french civilian who started the company with 10,000
francs.

If anyone one else has info on these pens from what I found I would love to know more cause this makes me so intrigued to know that bic was not the first.

View in Gallery

View in Gallery

View in Gallery

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

That's beautiful !! . A lucky find !! . Thanks for posting.

I remember 2 things about pens ... my Dad always used a Waterman fountain pen in the 50s.

... I learned to write with a stick pen and ink well before ballpoints came out in the 50s (ballpoints existed before that though)

Wearever is what collectors would call "third tier" pens , everyday priced for everyday people, etc.. I had one like yours and it was a great writing pen once restored , plus has that cool vintage look

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Top Bottom