Fort Knox Bulbie

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Timebandit

Timebandit

Hey guys! This is my Fourth clipped pen, but the first to show.:rolleyes: I will show the rest later, i just had to show this one first. I made this one yesterday. Its a bulb filler in Fort Knox Arylic with a Meister Nib. I am really happy with the way this one turned out! I always loved the clipless pens but lately i am loving the clipped pens.:biggrin: I also went for a different shape on this one, which i am really loving!!!

Sorry for all the pics, i just couldnt pic a couple to show. I think they all show a little something different:biggrin:

All Comments Are Welcome

Thanks for looking

Justin

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSC_0407.jpg
    DSC_0407.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 701
  • DSC_0409.jpg
    DSC_0409.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 696
  • DSC_0411.jpg
    DSC_0411.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 688
  • DSC_0412.jpg
    DSC_0412.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 684
  • DSC_0413.jpg
    DSC_0413.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 691
  • DSC_0414.jpg
    DSC_0414.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 683
  • DSC_0415.jpg
    DSC_0415.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 686
  • DSC_0416.jpg
    DSC_0416.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 690
  • DSC_0417.jpg
    DSC_0417.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 695
  • DSC_0418.jpg
    DSC_0418.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 691
  • DSC_0419.jpg
    DSC_0419.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 700
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Timebandit

Super nice looking pen.

Thanks Craig!!

Wow! Any idea how much time you have in that?
Earl

Earl, i have about 5 or 6 hours in this one.:biggrin: It would have gone faster had i written down my lengths from last time so that things went faster. I had to look at the other one i made to get the dimensions before i started and had to look at it throughout the process in order to remember all i was doing.:rolleyes: This was also a different shape and length than my previous pens so this was a new one. I also tried some new nibs, so making a new front section( different then the previous ones i have been making) slowed me down. Im sure they will go quicker now that i have an idea of what i am after.

Really sweet Justin.....

+1 on the tut.....

Thanks Lupe..... Give me some time on the Tutorial..Tom says he WILL make me famous:biggrin:

Very nice job! That is one sleek looking pen.

Thanks Frank!!!

Beautiful! How are you cutting your threads? Tap/die? metal lathe?

This was done with the Triple Start Tap & Die. All work is done by hand on a wood lathe(Jet 1014VS)

Thanks

wizard

Absolutely Gorgeous Pen :biggrin::biggrin:!!! Justin, I really admire the fact that you constantly challenge yourself. You keep your artistry dynamic with the continuing evolution of your skills. Beautifully and intricate workmanship!
Regards, Doc:)

Rounder

LOL, this is getting boring. Great pen Justin. Beautiful pen Justin! Very nice pen Justin. Innovative pen Justin. Tutorial please Justin.
Now come on kiddo, can't you make at least one bad pen so that we can give you some criticism please?:biggrin: You know how parents are supposed to criticize their kids, right? You know you have to feed our ego! Make us feel like we are in charge and all? Well, your not doing a very good job of it. Making me and everyone else on here brag on your work all the time!!! You ought to be ashamed!!!:mad:

By the way, great, beautiful, very nice, innovative pen Justin. Could you do a tutorial please?:wink::biggrin::eek: Luv ya, The Daddy

animefan

I love the multi-part kit-less hidden clip pen.:worship: Any ideas for your next invention?:biggrin:

Timebandit

Absolutely Gorgeous Pen :biggrin::biggrin:!!! Justin, I really admire the fact that you constantly challenge yourself. You keep your artistry dynamic with the continuing evolution of your skills. Beautifully and intricate workmanship!
Regards, Doc:)

Thank Doc!!!:biggrin: This one was fun and i am loving the shape!!!

LOL, this is getting boring. Great pen Justin. Beautiful pen Justin! Very nice pen Justin. Innovative pen Justin. Tutorial please Justin.
Now come on kiddo, can't you make at least one bad pen so that we can give you some criticism please?:biggrin: You know how parents are supposed to criticize their kids, right? You know you have to feed our ego! Make us feel like we are in charge and all? Well, your not doing a very good job of it. Making me and everyone else on here brag on your work all the time!!! You ought to be ashamed!!!:mad:

By the way, great, beautiful, very nice, innovative pen Justin. Could you do a tutorial please?:wink::biggrin::eek: Luv ya, The Daddy

LOL! Thanks Dad. I think there are a few on my pens that could use a little criticism, but thats not up to me...........its up to you fine people to tell me they stink:biggrin: Its you people who are feeding my Ego:wink:

Maybe you can come down this weekend and you wont need to see that tutorial:biggrin:

This is my favorite pen that you've done so far. Great job!

And +1 on the tutorial.

Thanks Bob, Give me some time on the tutorial.........im still a newbie:biggrin:

I love the multi-part kit-less hidden clip pen.:worship: Any ideas for your next invention?:biggrin:

Thank you sir! I found it easier to do the clip this was rather than trying to cut a fine slit with my unsteady:frown: hands in my beautiful piece of work.

And i cant give away my secrets until i have them Patented and Trademarked:biggrin::tongue:.......but nice try:tongue:

Last edited:

mrburls

Great work Justin. I'm starting to like this bulb filler style. Pretty soon you'll be to good for us guys on IAP and we won't see anymore of your work. You'll be too bussy selling those great pieces of work.

Is this filling your fuel tank :)

Keith "mrburls"

mrburls

Now go easy on him, it may be going to his head but you got to admit your son's got talent :)
I sure hope he atleast gives you a few pointers.

Keith "mrburls"

Timebandit

Great work Justin. I'm starting to like this bulb filler style. Pretty soon you'll be to good for us guys on IAP and we won't see anymore of your work. You'll be too bussy selling those great pieces of work.

Is this filling your fuel tank :)

Keith "mrburls"

Thanks Keith! I hate to say it but i hope you are right!! Not that i dont want to be around here anymore, but i would love to be selling these things! So far they are just paperweights!:biggrin:

And you are filling my fuel tank Keith! Not just with your words, but with your pen blanks:biggrin:

Now go easy on him, it may be going to his head but you got to admit your son's got talent :)

Keith "mrburls"

Thanks again Keith!He might get a few pointers....................If hes lucky:biggrin:

Justin, your work is outstanding, and in a class with some serious talent, you are doing some incredible work, keep it up.

Thanks Ken!!:biggrin: That means a Lot!!!!:biggrin:

Rounder

Keith "mrburls"

LOL Keith. Yes he does have boocoo talent I must admit. But it is so much fun to give him a hard time.:biggrin: Once people start seeing his stuff, they will sell like hotcakes. I mean he has only been doing this since September and he already has a pen on the front page. Well deserved I might add. I do plan on going down there this weekend and twisting his arm and make him show me some tricks. I may have to torture him some to get the info out of him though. (note to self: load waterboard system in car before leaving Saturday). Maybe it won't be too difficult to get it out of him. :eek::bulgy-eyes::beat-up::devil::hypnotized:

Timebandit

LOL Keith. Yes he does have boocoo talent I must admit. But it is so much fun to give him a hard time.:biggrin: Once people start seeing his stuff, they will sell like hotcakes. I mean he has only been doing this since September and he already has a pen on the front page. Well deserved I might add. I do plan on going down there this weekend and twisting his arm and make him show me some tricks. I may have to torture him some to get the info out of him though. (note to self: load waterboard system in car before leaving Saturday). Maybe it won't be too difficult to get it out of him. :eek::bulgy-eyes::beat-up::devil::hypnotized:

Looks like you didnt need the waterboard after all huh!!!:biggrin:

Had fun this weekend!!:biggrin:

Top Bottom