Forgotten Statesmen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from its_virgil

Status
Not open for further replies.

its_virgil

I was updating my inventory stuff and noticed there were 5 statesmen pens or kits missing or unaccounted for. I had the kits but not the pens nor records of selling them. So, I started searching and found them hiding in my shop. They were made last summer. I'll not show them all, but I do want to show two.

This snakewood pen was turned to almost finished dia. and allowed to sit in the shop until it cracked. The crack was repaired with a CA-sanding dust slurry then the pen was finished. It has no cracks now. It has not cracked...hiding in the shop with heat, cold, humidity, and dryness. I had to look very hard to actually find the (repaired) crack. No one else I've shown the pen to can find it. Not much wood nicer than a nice piece of snakewood. enjoy!
2007830163620_snakewood%20statesman%20Small.jpg

Next, is an olivewood statesman. Nothing special, just a nice piece of wood.
2007830163736_olivewood%20statesman%20small.jpg

This next pen is not a statesman, but a modified slimline. The wood is Osage Orange and the pen was made as a gift to an uncle who is giving me all of the OO I can carry off from some trees he had pushed over last December. I must hurry, they will be burned this winter.
2007830164235_OO%20slim%20small.jpg

Lastly, a couple of snake skin pens. One is a chrome baron and the other is a chrome cigar.
2007830164351_snake%20baron%20chrome%20becca.jpg

2007830164455_cigar%20snake.jpg

I'm off to the Ozarks in AR (later this evening) for a long labor day weekend. I hope all have a great holiday weekend.

Do a good turn daily!
Don

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
They are all nice, of course, but I really like the simplicity of the OO!!!

But your skins are gorgeous, also (as always!!)

GaryMGg

It must be really rough to have so much going on that you can loose five pens of that quality in your shop. Wow! Nice work. Love those snakes. [8D]

its_virgil

Thanks Guys for the comments. The other statesmen pens I found were tulipwood, bocote, and cocoboo but the coco went to my son...He has been asking for another for several months...He loves cocobolo and this was a blank from Bill Jacob, aka ilikewood...really nice one.

Glenn: You may come and snoop all you want...Want to know when I'm starting on the cabinets?[:D]

Eric: I bought some of those vitamins but can't remember where I put them.

Frank: I've got all my wife will let me stack but each time I go down I find another nice chunk to bring back. I've been turning some really nice OO bowls.

Gerry: Snakewood may just be my favorite...as long as the figure is realy stricking. I've bought some with none at all.

Gary: and they were lost for a year. I made them over the 4th of July holiday last year, if I remember correctly.

Ed: I really like making the snake skin pens and my blanks look so much better than they did when I first started. We've all helped in improving our casting techniques in the last couple of years. What shall we start improving now? I really like the pens on the home page at the moment. Maybe I'll take up segmenting. The master himself, Ron Mc lives just a couple of hours away...Road Trip.

GK: I lose track of lots of stuff...usually a tool I just used 10 minutes ago.

Do a good turn daily!
Don

gketell

Local Chapter Leader
Don,

I think we must both be suffering from mentalpause at this point. I too will set a tool down turn around to grab it again and find it isn't "where I just put it!". [8]

Oh well, I'm very happy for you that you found those gorgeous pens!!

GK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom