foray into the kitless world...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from drgoretex

drgoretex

Hello all.

Here is the fruit of yesterday's labour. This pen is another kitless pen turned from a piece of blue swirl acrylic for the barrel, and black acrylic for the cap. I have added an inlay to the cap to match the barrel . The section, while not my own, has been re-turned on the lathe and polished to give a softer look.

The big step this time, is the clip I have added to the cap. This is the first (decent) so called 'invisible clip' that I have done, and expect to be doing more using the same technique - as long as I can find a good source for clips...

Interesting to note that while the translucent acrylics have been a bit of a nuicance with kit pens (brass barrel showing, need to paint etc), they look just great with the kitless.

Dimensions, for those interested in such things:
137mm capped, 125mm uncapped, 14mm barrel, 15.5mm cap.

IMG_3575.jpg

IMG_3567.jpg

IMG_3568.jpg

IMG_3570.jpg

IMG_3573.jpg

IMG_3579.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Ken

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
Welcome to the club. Nicely done. Stop by and we'll teach you the secret handshake.:wink: Not only are these more fun and can sell for more than kits, they're actually less expensive to make!

cnirenberg

Ken,
That's really nice. I like the color contrast in the material. It's very sharp. Did you cut the threads on the lathe or by a die? They look very clean.

studioso

Gorgeous pen!
Im yet to make a kitless, in the planning stages now.
Were did you get the clip? And what about the black section were the nib fits? Can that be purchased separatly?

Really like it! You should somehow personalize it! Your logo or initials on the cap's top or something.

drgoretex

Thanks for all the comments, folks!

Studioso - the clip I had left over from a previous clipless pen I made using an EL Grande kit. The nib sections can be bought separately. I get mine from William Wood-write.

Cheers,

Ken

BigShed

Great work, really like it.

Can I ask what thread you used for the cap/nib end? Is it multi-start or did you use a similar thread to the El Grande or similar kit?

Freethinker

Ken,
That's really nice. I like the color contrast in the material. It's very sharp.

I second that.

I really love the looks of this pen. I am going to try to do one in similar colors.

Top Bottom