Fly Me To The Moon....

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from kruzzer

kruzzer

this is actually the second pen of this design I tried. This one is an Black Atlas kit made from black and white acrylic with (and thanks to a design by Hank Lee) pieces of sloder as the stars...
The first one I did I actually used ebony, holly and solder but wifey has that one and won't give it back... comments always welcome and thanks for looking

Sorry about the poor photo quality... I'm gonna work on that...

Rich

Attachments

• 100_0556.jpg
    100_0556.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 447
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

leehljp

Member Liaison
That is NICE! I really like it! The dimples show up great. I am working on more in my mind even now. However, it will be June or July before I can work on them.

kruzzer

Thanks for the kind words.... Hank can't wait to see what you come up with next..

Butch, you don't melt the solder. When the blank is round I set it up in a V block and just drilled the right size holes on the drill press. A little ca glue on the end of a piece of solder put it in the hole, clip it off with a pair of wire cutters. When you have all the holes filled put it back on the lathe......

JohnU

Looks great. I made one once with a midnight blue blank and light swirl, only I used pr for the stars. I like the solder idea. I can relate to the wife sticky fingers.... but she is my biggest fan.

Top Bottom