Flower pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from swm6500

Status
Not open for further replies.

swm6500

Tried something different, what do you think?

200542222914_flowerpen1.jpg

200542222932_flowerpen2.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

swm6500

Originally posted by ldimick
<br />It looks like a stencil or decopage (sp?).

Lynn, you are pretty close. It is a decal I picked up at Wallymart in the craft section. After applying the decal and letting it dry, I gave the pen 4 coats of CA and MM to 12000 and RW.

Thumbs

Yeah, keep it up! Show it around! Now we all have to do one! Thanks Heaps!
=====================================================================
Great Idea for special occasion pens! Good work!

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
OH MAN, now why didn't I think of that... what a fantastic idea.. let's see it is 3 weeks to Mother's Day, I already have my booth set up and stocked at the farm market, I have absolutely no time to do anything because of TBall practice and games and the honeydo list, and you ruin my whole day by showing that fantastic pen and a new marketing idea... LOL
Really neat idea... I am definately going to have to sneak out and get some decals and try that... it sounds like the perfect application for some of those bland woods we all have laying around... especially maple.. and I bet it would be perfect on some snow white holly... They look just the right size for a DT Euro.. just enough to make the pen more elegant without overpowering it..

swm6500

Originally posted by Old Griz
<br />OH MAN, now why didn't I think of that... what a fantastic idea.. let's see it is 3 weeks to Mother's Day, I already have my booth set up and stocked at the farm market, I have absolutely no time to do anything because of TBall practice and games and the honeydo list, and you ruin my whole day by showing that fantastic pen and a new marketing idea... LOL
Really neat idea... I am definately going to have to sneak out and get some decals and try that... it sounds like the perfect application for some of those bland woods we all have laying around... especially maple.. and I bet it would be perfect on some snow white holly... They look just the right size for a DT Euro.. just enough to make the pen more elegant without overpowering it..

Griz, I am glad you like it. I thought it might fit in with your penmaking since you already use the CA as a finish. I agree it should look great on some white holly. I know you have been busy since you have not posted too much lately.

AdamB

now that is perfect. I have a woodshow to go to later today... gonna pick up a bandsaw. when oh, when am I gonna find time to go to wallyworld?

Oh, and that is a great pen!

Daniel

Sam take a look at my album. there are three of them there. I didn't do the painting though. that may give you a hint of what I think of them. I have kept all three of these for myself.
Greedy but content.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom