Floral Pens~Polymer Clay

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Toni

Toni

Shouldn't you be boxing up my order? :biggrin: I want a first hand look at your superior cane technique.

You are cheeky!!!! Did you place an order:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: I got my pen order this morning darling, priorities!!! gotta play some..

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

CaptG

Do not know how I missed this post, but I did, until I saw the home page picture. Very nice Toni, ok, pretty freaking awesome. Just what I needed, something else to try. Keep up the great work and keep posting pictures.

thewishman

That red rose pen in your first post is now in my grateful wife's purse. She loves the 3D effect of your rose petals and leaves.

The purple key ring is gorgeous! Love the butterflies and the very realistic leaves. Absolutely top-notch work.

Went shopping this morning for clay and a pasta machine (Michaels had their clay at 4 for $5) When I got home there was a package fron NZ in the mail box.

You have surely spent years perfecting your cane making techniques. Thanks for showing up here and getting me interested in a whole new realm of pen making. Can't wait to start making some pens from your canes - though they are quite "girly."

Toni

Chris~I hope you didnt by a Makings pasta machine!! What brand did you buy? Keep the receipt!!

I was soo nervous about selling to penturners!! Concerned my pens werent up to your standards, you have to realize I have been making pens for YEARS, "my way" I didnt even know you(iap/pen turners) existed because I lived in the world of pc(as you figured out already), so to get your complements in regards to my craftmanship is quite an honor thank you!!

Pioneerpens

Toni,
Looks like you're converting penturners to pen makers. lol Quite an accomplishment! I will have to stick to the penturning as I am aware of my artistic (or lack thereof) abilities. :) Keep up the fabu work.

Jennifer

Kaspar

That red rose pen in your first post is now in my grateful wife's purse.

I got a little something in the mail myself. It's amazing the scale you get these down to, while retaining the detail. I'm sure there are others out there who do this as well, but they sure aren't putting up any pictures for us to see. You have an amazing talent.

thewishman

Chris~I hope you didnt by a Makings pasta machine!! What brand did you buy? Keep the receipt!!

I got the Amaco pasta machine. It is the only brand carried in the chain craft stores (Michaels, Hobby Lobby, Joanns*) It was $25 but I had a 40% off coupon that made it $15. I haven't opened it yet - should I return it?

*To rub it in, Toni, those are all within two miles of my house.:tongue:

Kaspar

I got the Amaco pasta machine. It is the only brand carried in the chain craft stores (Michaels, Hobby Lobby, Joanns*) It was $25 but I had a 40% off coupon that made it $15. I haven't opened it yet - should I return it?

If I decide to give this a try, I'm not going to scrimp on the one piece of real equipment you have to buy. I'll get this one, after checking it out, of course.

Toni

You two are killing me!! I didnt even KNOW they were making pasta machines like that. I do live in the middle of know where, so jealous you live that close to craft stores. I recommend an Imperia/Imperial I can't remember or an Atlas. I have a motor because I use it almost everyday. I would hold off on purchasing a motor.

Maybe I should start looking into a lathe so I can put CA on my tubes

bitshird

Toni, I just looked on your Etsy site and there was only one pen left, but I would like to get one of your beautiful Rose pens for my wife, (I think she deserves better than the stuff I make) I had never entertained the idea of buying using or even touching a Polymer Clay pen, but yours are beautiful beyond words,

Toni

Hi Ken at the moment all I have available is the Mesa red rose pen or I can make you a slimeline next week, as that is all I have at the moment.

SuperDave

You guys are Pikers....!

I outgrew the first two and now use......................... "Big Green".

Attachments

• roller.jpg
    roller.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 97
  • steam_roller3.jpg
    steam_roller3.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 86
  • SR-2.jpg
    SR-2.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 106

Toni

Big Green looks awfully familiar to me..humm...I think I have seen that wrap up hay on the fields in new zealand. thats huge!! Glad you guys have a sense of humore

Kaspar

You two are killing me!! I didnt even KNOW they were making pasta machines like that. I do live in the middle of know where, so jealous you live that close to craft stores.

Even better, I live two miles from this.

I recommend an Imperia/Imperial I can't remember or an Atlas. I have a motor because I use it almost everyday. I would hold off on purchasing a motor.

Okay, I'll put off getting this for now.

Maybe I should start looking into a lathe so I can put CA on my tubes

Check the finishing forum, just so you'll be aware of how tricky CA finishing can be. Double blind studies have shown that for every ten people you talk to, you'll get 22.3 opinions on how to do it. (I thought the number would be higher myself.)

Heck go for anyone of these models if you really want to sheet some clay. This seems crazy, but I actually know someone who uses an old stand up pizza sheeter to condition and mix scrap clay. It can sheet 30-50 lbs at a time.

Attachments

• sheeter.jpg
    sheeter.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 114

glen r

Awsome work

Toni, I just saw your post for the first time and am blown away with the beautiful work on everything that you do. Your web site will take a while to look through and I must admit that I will let my wife see it AFTER I have gone through it because there will be a few "Dear, I would really like that" and I usually can't say No.

tbird

Starting to look as though you wont be needing that tutorial after all:eek:

Ahhhh, no it's still needed. Video would be greatly appreciated. LOL

I did watch a YouTube video which gave me some idea as to how the canes are made. But the finished cane looked nothing like any of yours, which are phenomenal btw. I wish I had snapped up one of your pens earlier.:frown:

How long does it take you to make a cane, similar to the ones that are pictured on the home page? Do you have a picture of a cane before its put on the tubes?

Top Bottom