floor sweepings

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from CaptG

CaptG

I am now officially over the edge, at least thats what LOML is telling me. As I was pouring pr into the mixing cup for my latest carbon fiber pour, the pr can belched out an extra 2 ounces just as I was hitting my mark to stop. After the pour and the cf molds were in the pressure pot I looked at that extra 2 ounces just sitting there and it seemed like such a waste. As I looked around, I saw the pile of sawdust swept up under the miter saw and went "hhmmmmm", grabbed a handfull and started mixing untill the resin looked like dough, scraped it into a mold, packed it in with the stir stick and put it away. That was three days ago. I turned it into this slimline today, lol. As always, all comments are appreciated.

Attachments

• sweepings 001.jpg
    sweepings 001.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 468
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
OOOOhhhhhhhhhh!

Well...
FIG = Found In Garage
FOG = Found On Ground

Maybe we have a new acronym - FUMS = Found Under Miter Saw or SUMS = Sawdust Under Miter Saw

FUMS-up Gary!

You're a man with too much time on your hands, Chris!!!

(Clever, but still too much time!)

artistwood

i used to say that the only scrapwood in my shop was sawdust............apparently that one has been blown out of the water.......very cool..........nice job
defininatly not a "wasted" effort.........bear

ngeb528

Nope, its got some paper towel shreds in it, no dog anymore so no dog hair, but there just may be some metal shavings from the metal lathe that got mixed in, lol.

And maybe a few dust bunnies too?

Got to love it. That's what I call recycling! Way to go green, Gary.

Very cool looking pen, too.

CaptG

Thanks Nancy, and when I grabbed a couple handfulls of sawdust off the floor, I am sure I caught a dust bunny or three also. Nothing was safe.

jkeithrussell

A floor sweeping pen from my garage floor would have yielded some dried up clumps of Grizzly tobacco. Not sure if that's relatively better or worse than the dust bunny suggestions, but it would have been different.

Top Bottom