Flight of the Phoenix

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from rkimery

rkimery

Passed Away May 3, 2022
In Memoriam
With the all new kit "The Phoenix" from Woodturningz, http://www.woodturningz.com/Phoenix_Pen_Kits.aspx, and X-Cut Tulipwood recently purchased from jimm1 here's a pen I made up this morning. I am impressed by the quality of the kit from Woodturningz, it's heavier than the Sierra and a bit longer. The wood received from Jim was far better than the pictures shown.

Sorry about my photography. My really good 10 mega-pixel camera recently took a bath and I am searching for another.

Tell me what you think.

Thanx!
Randy

Attachments

• Flight of the Pheonix.jpg
    Flight of the Pheonix.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 267
  • Cross-cut Tulip.jpg
    Cross-cut Tulip.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 223
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PaulDoug

That is really a "different" looking kit. Nice work on the pen. Beautiful wood and you did a great job on the fit and finish. The jury is still out on the kit.... I think I'm liking it. I'd like to see it in some different finishes. Like gun metal.

rkimery

Passed Away May 3, 2022
In Memoriam
I think you're right, it would make it a bit sexier. :)

That is really a "different" looking kit. Nice work on the pen. Beautiful wood and you did a great job on the fit and finish. The jury is still out on the kit.... I think I'm liking it. I'd like to see it in some different finishes. Like gun metal.

rkimery

Passed Away May 3, 2022
In Memoriam
2nd Flight with the Pheonix

with an acrylic blank....

Attachments

• 2nd Flight #1.jpg
    2nd Flight #1.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 143

dbryce

beautiful pen. I just found the mesa pen kits from woodturningz at mann tool in Columbia, SC. I am currently doing one in purpleheart with a canarywood wedge and a black wood pen and a canary wood wedge.

Sataro

Nice looking pen! Your wood selection looks great on that pen. I've just received an email from one of the woodstores with that pen being advertised. I think after seeing yours, I do want to order a few of them.

Top Bottom