Fleet Marine Force Bolt Action

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Doc P

Doc P

I am still very much a novice in this hobby, but am slowly improving thanks to this forum. Most of the pens I make are for going away gifts to our Navy Corpsmen and Medical Officers that are off to a new duty station.

This one is for one hell of Navy Chief that is moving from our Aid Station (where we care for active duty Marines) back to the Search and Rescue team on the same base.

This pen is the first Bolt Action I have made. A lot of my effort goes into getting their insignia onto the pen clip. This one was made a lot easier with the help of woodpenpro.com selling the insignia already in a clip. To get it on the bolt action, I had to knock out the threads that hold the primer and reset them showing more threads as the new clip is significantly thicker. I also had to drill out the clip a bit. Thankfully the clips he makes have a much larger diameter, so I could drill it out a bit to fit.

I finished it with BLO and CA, its a bit more satin than gloss. I need a ton more more on my fit, and squaring up the ends better. But I think he will still enjoy it.

Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• photo(3).JPG
    photo(3).JPG
    131 KB · Views: 343
Top Bottom