Flashlight

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Just_Shorthairs

Hi all
I do not have any pens to show but I thought you might be interested in the flashlight I did for a
coworker. The flashlight is made from elk antler, Black Acrylic and Mini-Mag Flashlight.
Comments good or bad welcome

Attachments

• Ron Flashlight 001.jpg
    Ron Flashlight 001.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 331
  • Ron Flashlight 007.jpg
    Ron Flashlight 007.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 221
  • Ron Flashlight 009.jpg
    Ron Flashlight 009.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 279
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

arioux

Wow, great work. I really like that.
A little tip for photography of round object, just sprinkle a little bit of salt on your top, drop your piece on it and blow away what's around. It won't roll and the remaining salt won't show. A litle better that an alen key :)

bensoelberg

Wow, great work. I really like that.
A little tip for photography of round object, just sprinkle a little bit of salt on your top, drop your piece on it and blow away what's around. It won't roll and the remaining salt won't show. A litle better that an alen key :)

That's a great tip Alfred! Thanks!

Fibonacci

Mind sharing a bit of your technique? I have been contemplating the idea of making a "case", as it were, for a mini maglight, but had problems coming up with a way to mount the front two peices.

You seem to have nailed that.

paps

I've never seen that done before. That's a great idea and execution! Thanks for showing it.

1/8" black Acrylic
Mini-Maglite LED Flashlight
Lots of Arizona Elk Antler and the dogs loved all the mistakes
I made bushing out of the Acetal round stock for all the parts of the Flashlight so I could fit them onto the mandrel
My biggest problem was when I turn the light end of the light; I did not take into count the glass and the reflector in the light so when I put it together nothing matched up on the end. So on the second try I drilled a hole the size of the mandrel and trued up the outside. Then drilled 7/8" hole in the antler and mounted it in the jaw chuck and turned the inside of the antler to match the head of the light. Then cut out each piece for the head of the light and CA the Acrylic parts to the Antler. I made plastic washers bushing to make up the space for the glass and reflector then CA the parts to the light. Then re-turned my bushing to fit inside the light then turned the head part as one piece.

seamus7227

This has got to be the best modification to the mini mag lite that I have seen yet! You should write a tutorial for this and send it to TomW (IAP library Manager) so he can add it the library. Very well done!

Top Bottom