Flaming Turtles of Doom!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from holmqer

holmqer

Local Chapter Leader
Airbrushed hot-rod style flames onto cherry and paired up with a two tone Pacifica Petroglyph Turtle (Honu) kit. This is my first attempt to airbrush flames on a pen. Finish is CA.

Attachments

• Flame Turtle Both.jpg
    Flame Turtle Both.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 671
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MarkD

Nice flame job! Not my favorite choice of pen for a flame job but awesome job none the less!

ctubbs

Flaming pens, now what about a HD tank? If you are that good on a small pen, I'd bet that you could really go to work on a bike. That is one fine looking pen. Congratulations
Charles

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
Nice flame job. I'm not a lover of flames but I do like the old school lookin flames.

holmqer

Local Chapter Leader
Thanks everyone!

This was a rehersal piece for a demo I'm giving at one of the local AAW chapters on CA finishing. I'm giving examples CA finishes over dye jobs and airbrushed images. I made up a dozen or so Sierra blanks for the demo and this is the example of doing CA over airbrush right.

I chose flames for this piece as I am currently exploring flames as part of an "Elemental" series of turnings. So far I've dabbled with Fire and Water. I have more work on these two elements before I switch to Earth and Air.

Of the three most common airbrush flame styles, hot-rod, ghost and realistic, this seems easiest. I've been practicing hot-rod flames for a week, and decided to do small flames. The larger flames are a lot easier to do. Realistic flames are MUCH harder to do, I have yet to get more than the occasional flame lick that I like.

Maybe someday I'll try flames on helmets, tanks and hoods.

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
I've been practicing hot-rod flames for a week, and decided to do small flames. The larger flames are a lot easier to do. Realistic flames are MUCH harder to do, I have yet to get more than the occasional flame lick that I like.

Hey Eric how about this flame job.

Attachments

• DSC_0010 (Small).JPG
    DSC_0010 (Small).JPG
    77.5 KB · Views: 130
  • DSC_0004 (Small).JPG
    DSC_0004 (Small).JPG
    59.6 KB · Views: 107

holmqer

Local Chapter Leader
I've been practicing hot-rod flames for a week, and decided to do small flames. The larger flames are a lot easier to do. Realistic flames are MUCH harder to do, I have yet to get more than the occasional flame lick that I like.

Hey Eric how about this flame job.

That's a nice hot rod flame job!

Top Bottom