Russell Eaton

First attempt at red metalic inlay.

Attachments

• flame pen.jpg
    flame pen.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 436
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jgrden

C/mon. I have allot of Ebony to work with and it begs for what you have done. Give me some details on the metallic inlay. How'd you lay it in there????

Russell Eaton

I started off by turning the blank just shy of the bushing. Then got my laser guy to burn the flames down to the brass tube. Filled the holes with inlace from CSUSA and then toped it off with thin CA. Let it cure then caped that off with thick CA. Once it had setup I turned it the rest of the way down and finished off with a CA finish.

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
Russell

Great looking pen! Russell was a new person to the Southeast Chapter meeting last weekend, and he has only been turning a short while. When I saw his kit and the stuff he had on display, I could not believe that he had been only turning for a few months.

I can assure you, Russell has a CA finish down pat, and his stuff is top shelf. If you dont sell this before the December meeting we would love to see this, or if you sell it, bring another one you have done, because that one should indicate you need to make more!

Great job!

Robert

Russell Eaton

We did do it on both sides with the laser. I had a little free time to go back over to the laser guys house last night, and we did a new idea with a red rose and a green stalk. The first oun came out ok but needs a little tweeking. I will try to do a better one tonight after work.

Top Bottom