fixed the lathe

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from JudeA

Status
Not open for further replies.

JudeA

Hey yall
Finaly figured out what was wrong with the lathe was able to finaly turn a pen without it exploading!!!! It is a polaris gold using celluloit blank. the pic does not show but when ya turn the pen the color changes like a mother of perl realy cool.
Hope yall like
Jude

2006111302438_blueboy.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JudeA

The peice that holds the live center has something on it I tried to clean it with oil but it will only go into the tailstock about2/3 the way and then it binds. I leave it out some and it is ok. I am gonna try using a razor blade and litly shave it see if that works. Any other ideas???

Randy_

Originally posted by JudeA
<br />The peice that holds the live center has something on it I tried to clean it with oil but it will only go into the tailstock about2/3 the way and then it binds. I leave it out some and it is ok. I am gonna try using a razor blade and litly shave it see if that works. Any other ideas???

Sorry. I'm not sure I fully understand what the problem is from your description??

Scott

Hi Jude!

Nice pen! I like celluloid for just that reason!

The ram (the part that moves out when you crank it) needs to be out a bit from the tailstock for the live center to seat correctly. This is normal. If you have it cranked all the way in, the live center won't seat, and that is normal. Just leave the ram out a ways. And if you ever get your live center stuck in the ram, just crank it in until it bottoms out and forces the live center out. I hope this helps!

Scott.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom