Five with Texas woods

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from txbatons

txbatons

Left to right:
Texas Ebony euro; Slippery Elm euro; Mesquite euro; Pecan euro; spalted Sycamore cigar

I had a small order of 5 pens this week, all with Texas woods. The photo's not real good, I realize, but I only post this because the slippery elm and sycamore were new to me and both have great markings. I'll try to post a better photo soon of just those two. Anyway, the ebony is crazy nice (got it from Dario) and the mesquite and pecan are plain plain plain, but that's what the customer wanted. Go figure!

As much as we crave highly figured woods around here, sometimes it's the plain grains that pay the bills!

(I photographed these so there wasn't so much glare...wanting to showcase the grain)

Attachments

• Picture 038.jpg
    Picture 038.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 196
  • slippery_elm.jpg
    slippery_elm.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 80
  • sycamore_close.jpg
    sycamore_close.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 74
  • tx_ebony_close.jpg
    tx_ebony_close.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

txbatons

Ken...that one is the spalted sycamore. It has the coolest flecks and rays in the wood. Very nice spalt lines and turns easy.

Rob...the finish is ca/blo. The picture's so poor you can't see anything. I needed to get these out tonight so I didn't have time for a proper setup. I'll get something else made with that sycamore and elm to show soon.

fernhills

Very nice pens, I have to agree on the plain woods, i sold more Walnut and Cherry and other plain woods like Ash more then any of the fancy woods. Perhaps it will change as time goes on. Carl

Top Bottom