Five Special Sierra's Retirement, USNA and Homebrew

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Edward Cypher

Edward Cypher

Finally was able to get back into the shop after being out since last October. Had a ball and am paying the price now but it was worth it. The first here is a pair of holly blanks engraved by Scott Lincoln who is on IAP. They are for a Navy Seal who is retiring mid August. The blank is proud for the sierras I put them on I forgot that I asked Scott for Sierra Vista not Sierra:confused:. So fit is all my fault got in a hurry. It happens:eek::eek:. All the color was backfilled by me then CA'd, Micro to 12000 and one stepped polish and buffed. Comments and critiques welcome and appreciated.

C&C welcome on all pens thanks in advance. These are the first Sierra's I have ever turned all my other pens have been slimlines.

View in Gallery

View in Gallery

The next two are for my daughter who graduated from USNA and is currently serving in Japan and her best friend who also is a USNA graduate and is in San Diego. Both the above and the ones below were engraved by Scott Lincoln and backfilled by me. These fit better as I used a Black Titanium Sierra Vista and MM12000 followed by onestep polish and buffed.

View in Gallery

View in Gallery

The last one is my first 3 color pour homebrewed on a Gold Gatsby. The pics do not do this justification, the gold pearl in it just sparkles in the sun.

View in Gallery

View in Gallery

View in Gallery

View in Gallery

View in Gallery

View in Gallery

I did not realize :frown:that you have to use some type of bushing so you do not damage the stylus tip when assembling the finial portion. Lesson learned. I do love the blank though. And last is all of the pens from today.

View in Gallery

All C&C welcome and appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edward Cypher

Thanks Neubee and bkersten. Yeah the ones for retirement are leaving today. I figure he will not be using them as they are going in a flag/medals box, but thanks for the idea bkersten.

walshjp17

Nice work and honors for those who have and are serving their country. Well done.

For the stylus tip, take a cut off piece of material about and inch long and drill a 1/2" deep 3/8" wide hole. Align the stylus tip assembly jig with your pen press, insert the stylus tip into the hole and then press the parts together and Bob's your uncle -- no tip damage.

Edward Cypher

Thanks John I will do it. Bummer to mess up the stylus in the end. I also think they now make a screw in sierra stylus tip. I see you are retired Navy thanks for your service.

turncrazy43

Edward, great job on those pens. Those who have received them will appreciate them and it is nice that you are honoring their service.

Edward Cypher

Epigolucky give Scott Lincoln a line he may be able to set up something special for an XO. He is great to do business with his prices are reasonable and his turn around time is super fast.

OZturner

A Memorable Assortment of Tribute Pens, in Gratitude for their Services, Edward.
The Skill and Thoughtfulness of your Efforts is Evidenced in each Pen.
The Skill and Contribution of Scott Lincolns Blanks and Engraving is most appreciated.
Regarding your 3 colour pour,
WOW, that is something else.
It should carry a Warning, that "Glare Resistant Glasses Should be Worn at All Times".
Incredible Work Edward.
Brian.

Top Bottom