Five salvages

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Squelch

Squelch

Seems like everything I do lately is a salvage. Must be a phase. I'm posting this as proof of how cheap I am or at least, how I covered my mistakes somewhat.

Top to bottom.
1. Purple acrylic inlace. Notice the double band. This is there because I blew out the end of the top barrel and shortened it enough so the ink cartridge didn't fit. Adding the double band made it long enough to fit and looks OK.
2. Segmented cedar (idea stolen from another thread here). Blank blown out on the top segment. Hid the mistake mostly under the clip. Filled with sawdust and CA.
3. Wallstreet Mesquite. Started as a slimline--Cracked some of the wood during during the drilling and used the other half to make a Wallstreet. Doesn't look great with the wood, but hey, that's all I had.
4. Green dyed maple. Started as a pencil. Forgot to put the clip on--(clip didn't fit in the barrel anyway). Destroyed the upper barrel into about 10 pieces during disassembly. Glued patiently back together, filled with green sawdust and CA. Converted to a pen.
5. Mesquite click pencil. Nib is glued directly to the wood with CA because I broke the coupling ring during disassembly.

(Lousy pic from my phone)

n.b. Disassembly using a drill press, while occasionally successful, is a dumb (painful) idea. Pen 4.

IMG_20120129_222137.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom