Five 50 Calibers turned

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wiset1

wiset1

I was on a roll today and turned 4 more 50 Caliber Bullet pens. The one in the middle is the one turned yesterday. Five different materials turned to figure out which looks better.:biggrin:

5603254300_da0a732e3d_z.jpg

Materials:
-Pen One is Metallic Bronze from Exotics
-Pen Two is Alt Casein from Exotics
-Pen Three is Dawns Black Knight Polyresin from exotics
-Pen Four is a blank from PSI (Name...?)
-Pen Five is a blank from PSI (Name...?)

I used the micro pads to wet sand the brass and then used plastic polish to get the overall shine and finish on the brass. These go together fast and look pretty cool. I'll be handing these out at work next week.

Feedback is always welcome. As for me, I like the bronze and the black...

:biggrin:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

renowb

All are very nice but I like the one on the end, the blue one. Great Job!

wiset1

Does the brass tip come on the blank?

Lin.

The kit comes with everything except the blank. The kit says that the parts are 24kt gold (Plated I guess) while the spent round is brass. You'll need to buy the bushings and a 7mm drill bit if you don't already have it. These are SUPER easy to do and look pretty cool.

I opted for material I didn't have to seal and finish with CA so it went pretty quick. $6.45 for the kits...well worth it I think!:wink:

wiset1

Like the Bronze and Alt.Casein! Bronze looks more military, but something about the Casein!!

PHIL

I actually have old spent rounds from WWII that I dug out of the ground over here in Germany. Once I figure out the best material to use I may do a display box with a pen and a WWII spent round. Metal detecting is yet another hobby I do...I'm collecting too many hobbies these days :)

wiset1

I plan to give them to my Soldiers as a "Thank You" for all the hard work over the past couple of weeks. The younger Soldiers don't hear "Thank you" enough. I hope they like them.

Top Bottom