first wedding pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Ambidex

Ambidex

Just got these done in time for my very good friends sons' wedding this Saturday..am wondering if getting them lazered with the names is a good idea. They would be willing to wait on them I'm sure. C+C always welcome and what does everyone think about the personalizing idea, or just let them be the way they are? The black is a Majestic wrapped in black alumilite from WHartman and the ladies is a golddust blank on a Majestic Jr.. Blank and components from exotic blanks. First ever Majestic kits and found out step drilling is a good thing:rolleyes:

Attachments

• 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 263
  • 013.jpg
    013.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 183
  • 017.jpg
    017.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 224
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Crashmph

They quite nice. And I know how difficult it can be to get all the micros scratches out of that black resin.

Just my honest opinion, I would have reverse painted the blank white for the Jr Majestic.

Michael

Donovan

I have recently made a wedding set. I painted the one blank and left the other one unpainted. Both the bride and the groom liked the unpainted ones more. Shows you how taste differs

Donovan

Ambidex

Thanks! The black was crazy hard to get the scratches out..twice through with the mm. I agree on the reverse painting. I put three coats on the tubes and thought it'd be good enough. Another lesson learned the hard way:rolleyes:

Crashmph

I have recently made a wedding set. I painted the one blank and left the other one unpainted. Both the bride and the groom liked the unpainted ones more. Shows you how taste differs

Donovan

Yup... personal opinions are hard to pen down, pun intended. Best thing on custom orders is finding out what the customer wants and then managing their expectations. Then it is all easy. It is still a beautiful set. Also excellent idea on the different sizes of pens with regard to the Jr vs Full size Majestic.

Michael

bobjackson

Passed Away Mar 5, 2020
In Memoriam
Great looking pens. I paint the tubes and, although everyone tells me that will not work, I have never had a problem doing it that way.

Top Bottom