First Waterslide Decal, A Custom Acrylic, and 2 Custom Logo Pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from lhowell

lhowell

I figured I would post all of my recent creations in one post versus multiple posts so here goes:

I made up some custom Eagle Scout Pen Blanks using adhesive back silver foil and hand painted red and blue bands using HVAC tape. Cast in PR and set on a couple Mesas. I just bought some mylar tape so I don't have to hand paint the bands anymore so we shall see how they turn out on the next set.

Next up is my first waterslide decal attempt. My best friend is getting married on Friday and part of his wedding present will be this maple burl cigar pen with a NC State block S waterslide logo. Had a high spot on the decal that came off near the top but overall for my first attempt I am pretty happy with how it turned out. Wish the maple burl blank had a bit more figure in it.

Finally my friends soon-to-be wife is a nurse and loves the color green so I had made up some custom alumilite blocks using what I dubbed "mahi-mahi" colors ( blue, neon green and yellow dyes with interference green powder and metallic blue powder) . Mated it with a gold Stratus clicker. I figured as a nurse she needed a clicker versus a twist mechanism) and finished it off with a few coats of CA to make it pop!

Comments and Critiques always welcomed! Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• IMG_4856.jpg
    IMG_4856.jpg
    203.4 KB · Views: 330
  • IMG_4876.jpg
    IMG_4876.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 323
  • IMG_4875.jpg
    IMG_4875.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 319

OZturner

Excellent Collection of Pens Lee,
First, the Eagle Scout Pens,
What I can see looks Fantastic, But my Vision is Impaired by the Reflection of the Lighting on the Pens.

Second, Your Water Slide Decal, it is a shame about the Lost Edge, perhaps you hadn't Wet the Blank Sufficiently prior to setting the Decal, and/or you trimmed the decal a little too close in that section.
I usually print some spares when I use Water Slide Decals, just in case I foul something up, then I remove it and start again.

Third, Love the Green Stratus Clicker.

Finally, Your pens are Turned Beautifully, Great Fit and Finish.
You should be Justly Proud of your Efforts.
Congratulations,
Brian.

Last edited:

lhowell

Excellent Collection of Pens Lee,
First, the Eagle Scout Pens,
What I can see looks Fantastic, But my Vision is Impaired by the Reflection of the Lighting on the Pens.

Second, Your Water Slide Decal, it is a shame about the Lost Edge, perhaps you hadn't Wet the Blank Sufficiently prior to setting the Decal, and/or you trimmed the decal a little too close in that section.
I usually print some spares when I use Water Slide Decals, just in case I foul something up, then I remove it and start again.

Third, Love the Green Stratus Clicker.

Finally, Your pens are Turned Beautifully, Great Fit and Finish.
You should be Justly Proud of your Efforts.
Congratulations,
Brian.

Brian:

Thank you for the kind words! I do need to work on getting a light tent to help reduce glare as I make up a makeshift area each time on our kitchen island to take the pictures.

Definitely a learning experience with the waterslide! I love the added ideas it has produced beyond standard logo acrylic blanks!

Top Bottom