First Wall Street II with an acrylic blank

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from mtgrizzly52

mtgrizzly52

I've done a couple of the Wall Street II pens using wood blanks, but this is the first with an acrylic blank, which I didn't expect to ever do. I ordered a couple of round "Glowing Lime" acrylic blanks from Ernie at Bear Tooth Woods, and loved the color of the blank.

My brother-in-law has been begging me for a pen, and when I showed him the Wall Street II kit and the lime colored blank, he went crazy, so I turned it for him.

Once it was turned, I sanded it with 220, 320, and 400 grit sandpaper, then micromeshed it from 1500 to 12,000. Added a bit of Renaissance wax for some protection, and put it together for him. He was more than delighted.

I do apologize for the poor photography. I just can't figure it out to get a good picture taken, and the camera I'm using is a good one...just needs an intelligent operator I think.

Comments both good and constructive are definitely wanted and appreciated.

Thanks for looking!

Rick (mtgrizzly52)

Attachments

• Wall Street II Green 2.jpg
    Wall Street II Green 2.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 288
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

maxman400

The pen looks great. The one thing I see with your photo is that the light is coming from behind which is casting a shadow. Try shooting the photo with the light on the side or behind you. The photo is nice and clear, I can see your reflection in the clip.

Mark

I really like the Wall St. I hope to turn one as nice as that someday. That's a great looking pen...

mtgrizzly52

Thank you all for your comments. My wife just called me to let me know the BiL loved the pen. Now he's trying to figure out how to use it while leaving it locked up in his safe so no one will steal it! *LOL*

Rick (mtgrizzly52)

Top Bottom