First Vertex - Blue w/ black Chip PR

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from KDM

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jaeger

KDM
Nice job on the blank!
Someday soon. I have some NEW ideas that I want to try as soon as the "studio" warms up to above 30F.
How do you like the click mechanism on this kit?

KDM

Looks good. I also am not a fan of that kit. Don't know why.

Funny thing about both the Polaris and the Vertex - folk either love 'em or hate 'em!

I quite like the vertex, but I think it needs a more sharp, engineered-looking blank. Perhaps even a hex shaped one!

KDM

Oh, but nice job on creating your own blank! Is the black part cut up pieces cast in blue resin?

Somewhere around here, one of the resin-heads gave me the idea for pouring the PR on a sheet of glass and peeling it up again before it became brittle. I left my first attempt too long and it shattered as I peeled it. "Waste not, want not," I believe they say...!

I've subsequently modified my process for this. Rather than using glass, I now pour my PR onto a silicone baking sheet, so it can always peel off, even if I leave it too long.

G1Pens

Looks good. I kinda like the vertex. You are right about the click mechanism. It is just soft and non-tactile, but seems to hold up. The biggest complaint I get on the vertex is the clip is too short.

Top Bottom