First Ultra Cigar

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from tweetfaip

tweetfaip

I've been wanting to make one of these Ultra Cigar's for a bit so picked it up at Woodcraft. I switched the tip with a Ultra Chrome to match better (IMHO). The blank is Olive Wood from the Holy Land from CUSA with a CA finish. I'm still not sold on the kit but I think it can look good in the right application.

Comments and critiques always appreciated. Regards,

Eric

200821191758_IMG_0282.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jhs494

Nice Pen.
Since you have tried this kit:
In your Opinion what is the best way to use this kit? Buy both Ultra cigars and interchange the parts? I have been looking at the kit and I can't decide on how it should be.

In your photo because of the background I can't tell what is gold or chrome.
I am not criticizing your work, I want to know for my own use.
I have been waiting to see someone use this.

tweetfaip

Joe,

I just bought one of each of the kits and played with the parts. I personally prefer the clip and nib to match so that is what I matched up.

Maybe this picture shows it a little better.

Eric

200821233835_IMG_0281.jpg

jhs494

That does help. On this kit, can you take the small band in the middle of the CB and change it? Is it locked in?

What I am asking can it be all gold or all chrome?

Thank you for the different pic!:)

bitshird

Nice wood, good looking work, but I don't think alot of that kit, :( it does look better with the platings matched, it's a nice looking pen just not one I'd like to do.:)

karlkuehn

Banned
Very nice looking pen. I'm coming closer and closer to actually not hating that kit. :D

Personally, I'd have put a chrome nib and clip on it. heh...shows you what I know, I'm not even sure what the stock configuration is. ;)

I reworked the color/white balance on your picture for you as best as I could. It's still a little washed out and the highlights are starting to burn. No charge, the first one's always free. heh [:p]

PhotoRework_IAP_tweetfaip.jpg

Top Bottom