First two pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Ehunt

Ehunt

My first two attempts, marblewood and zebrawood from the $4/lb scrap bin at Woodcraft. Both have a CA finish, tried the BLO/CA combination on the second. Feedback welcome.

Attachments

• pen1.jpg
    pen1.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 176
  • pen2.jpg
    pen2.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 179
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

fiferb

Nice work on both! I recommend you hang onto them. I still use one of the first pens I made and like looking back and see how far I've come. You've started out ahead of me for my first two.

Ehunt

Nice work on both! I recommend you hang onto them. I still use one of the first pens I made and like looking back and see how far I've come. You've started out ahead of me for my first two.

Thanks Bruce. My wife got the first and carries it in her iPad case at work. The second was completed today and will now be with me. I'm sure these will be replaced with better looking pens as I improve but these will be retired to the home office when that happens.

JD Combs Sr

Ditto, BTW what are the kits. At first I thought Slimline but a closer look...?

Ehunt

Ditto, BTW what are the kits. At first I thought Slimline but a closer look...?

It's a Hart Double Twist Pen kit from Woodcraft. I went to their Orlando store, was going to get the less expensive slimline as starters pens, but they were out of the bushings for the slimline so I ended up with a couple of these.

Top Bottom