First two attempts at segmenting a pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from hunterdave99

hunterdave99

Although I have turned other segmented items, these are my first 2 attempts at a pen.
The slimline used a PVC card and on the Roman Harvest I used various veneers.
I think I am hooked on segmenting now. I have a lot of cutoffs to play with now that Christmas is over.

Attachments

• pens.jpg
    pens.jpg
    287.3 KB · Views: 311
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Welcome to the site Dave. Your segmented pens are great for a first time effort. I like he symmetry in the layout. Shows you put some thought into it. The Celtic knot needs a little work but you will get it the more you do. There is a forum that is dedicated to segmenting that you need to check out and there are some vey good segmenters here that can and are will9ing to help you as you take this journey. Good luck and thanks for showing.

OZturner

Excellent Initial Segmented Pens, Dave.
As previously mentioned the Celtic Knot, alignment has been Affected due to the Kerf of your saw being a different Thickness to your Insert.
As mentioned by John T, there is a lot of Information available in the Library, that will be of help to you.
Excellent Fit and Joints on the Second Pen
Congratulations on your Segmentation Baptism.
Brian.

bpgoldo

Dave, welcome to the "deep end". Have a ball and take risks. No doubt about it, this boy can swim!

hunterdave99

Thanks guys.
As mentioned in my introduction, I am very limited here in Korea. The only thing I have to cut with is a hand saw, jigsaw, and a small cheap bandsaw.
I tried making a sled for the bandsaw, but the blade is still wandering a bit.
I will keep at it though
Dave

Top Bottom