First try at segmenting

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Exabian

Exabian

They say you have to start some where and so this is my first segmenting attempt. It didn't come out like I wanted it but I started. Here are some pics I got before my wife walked off with it. Made with teak burl, Purple Heart wood, and aluminum highlights on a Mesa pen.

Attachments

• image-652222984.jpg
    image-652222984.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 263
  • image-2716591508.jpg
    image-2716591508.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 234
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BSea

Looks good to me. What didn't come out the way you wanted? I like the choice of wood. 1 burl with 1 straight grained but with lots of color with good contrast between the two. About the only thing I'd have done different is to put it on a chrome kit. But that's just a personal preference. Aluminum with gold works too.

Exabian

Looks good to me. What didn't come out the way you wanted? I like the choice of wood. 1 burl with 1 straight grained but with lots of color with good contrast between the two. About the only thing I'd have done different is to put it on a chrome kit. But that's just a personal preference. Aluminum with gold works too.

Thank you. I wanted more of burl to show, but the wife likes it so that works. Plus I learned a lot.

Top Bottom