first try at scan

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from sptfr43

Status
Not open for further replies.

sptfr43

hi there. this is my first try at scanning. It's a spalted maple (if I remember right)with ca finish. wish I knew how to shrink it though, sorry

200521125922_lastscan3.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

tipusnr

WOW! Looks like a pen in a dream sequence!! Depending on the scanning software there should be a resizing tools of some sorts.

If not, Windows contains software for basic graphics editing.

pen-turners

Randy,
Nice Pen!!! The thing to know about scanning is that some scanners work better than others. I have tried about 20 different scanners in all price ranges (got strange looks in the store scanning pens) and have not found a scanner that works as good as the macro setting on my digital camera. I used to have an old HP scanner that did awesome scans of multi-diminsional items but all the newer scanners I have tried all seem to focus in on the first plane they see. This causes the edges and curves of the pen to become out of focus as seen in your photo above. I have tried multiple corrections in about every photo editor known to man without any luck so have gone back to using my camera. Do not know what has changed in scan technology except newer scanners are lower priced and may have inferior ccd technology which does not allow for multi-axis focusing. Probably more info than you wanted to know.

Chris

low_48

Hate to turn this into a scanner post, but[:I]. I have an HP scanner and all my pictures are from it. I use a 300dpi setting, crop to just around the pen, and then use the resize to bring it to the size needed for this site. Alot of my scans have to be reduced to 15% of original. I also let the lid open and this helps reduce light reflection. The background will be black.

Just a couple hints.
Rich

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom