First try at resin casting

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from darbytee

Status
Not open for further replies.

darbytee

I had to jump on the bandwagon and try my hand at resin casting. Overall I'm pretty pleased. MM wet to 12000 then a coat of wax buffed off with the Beall. Thanks for looking.

2005422222236_pr.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Sawdustier

That sure is a nice pen but do you think I'm made of money? All the different pen kits, different blanks, etc and now resin casting. Looks like I'm going to have to sell either the house or hubby to pay for all these new toys[}:)]
You did a great job there.

MDWine

Yeah... it's hard to take the advise of so many when they say "take it easy, learn to make a good pen, then progress"...

Too many "good jones'" to try to keep up with... Very nice![^]

darbytee

Thanks everyone. My wife's company does a big push for breast cancer awareness in May and I think I'm going to make some more of these and let her sell them (with a portion of the proceeds going to the American Cancer Society, of course).

darbytee

Jay, It wasn't too difficult at all. I followed Jay Pickens' article from the front page. The only thing it didn't cover was when to put the color into the resin. The first time I added it after I poured the resin into the mold. It worked fine but made a mess trying to stir it up in the mold. The second time I added it at the same time as the luster and mixed it all at once and it worked out much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom