bassethound

slimlines made quite a while ago, elm and a corian

Attachments

• SPM_A0064.jpg
    SPM_A0064.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 227
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

terryf

as far as photos go - two things, you have an uneven light source which is creating shadows and secondly, your pic is out of focus, probably as a result of a very shallow depth of field.

Taken like it is, I would add some shiney white paper at the top and to the right to bounce the light from the left onto the right hand side of the pens.

I'd also get rid of the bits and pieces in the front below the pens as it distracts from the main object, the pens.

Try and keep the background plain so that all the attention is on the pens and not the grain of the wood etc.

Good luck with your next attempt!! :)

SDB777

If you are really wanting a 'prop', try a piece of paper with handwritting on it....the wood is pulling the focus of the camera lense(I think), making the pens fuzzy.

The turnings themshelves look great, I like the choises of blank for the kit they are on.

Scott (other side of the pond too) B

ctubbs

Much better but could still benefit from a good cropping. It still looks a bit out of focus. A quick run through PS gives us this. I did nothing about sharpening.
Charles

Attachments

• new008.jpg
    new008.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 110

Wingdoctor

You have the exposure much better, but the focus is very soft. A tip to make it easier for the camera to catch the whole pen in focus is to take the picture with the pen at right angles to the axis of the camera lens. The depth of field at the focal distance you are using is less than an inch. Each end of the pen must be within an inch of being at right angles to the lens axis. Keep trying and you will be able to show off your work to it's best advantage.

Rick P

Light isn't the issue focus is! The exposure is fine on the last shot. follow the advice given, maybe use a tripod as well and you'll see improvement.

SDB777

Tripod and setting the f/stop somewhere around f/16 or f/22 will help in caturing more of the item in focus. Shutter tine will be pretty long(reason for the tripod), but it'll be worth it. Good thing about digital photography, photo's are cheap to shoot.....shoot lots, and take the best of the best!

Cute 'shrooms too!

Scott (better....keep trying) B

Top Bottom