First try at kitless

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Autonoz

Autonoz

Here is my first attempt at a kitless. I used Delrin since this was just a test to see if I could get the steps down. I also used an old Waltham fountain pen clip I had laying around. There was no finish work done because this will be scrapped. Do the proportions look correct? I also made aluminum mandrels for this project, but think steel would be better. What steel wold you recommend for this? Please give any advised on corrections that need to be made. The pictures are poor quality, something else I need to work on.
kitless2.jpgkitless3.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
The cap threads are longer than they need to be. Try making them 1/2 as long. the transition area where the threads meet the body looks a little rough. Its a good start down a slippery slope.:biggrin:

Autonoz

The cap threads are longer than they need to be. Try making them 1/2 as long. the transition area where the threads meet the body looks a little rough. Its a good start down a slippery slope.:biggrin:
great feedback I also thought the same about the threads, but wasn't sure, it would definitely secure the cap faster.

BSea

I think you did a great job on your 1st kitless. But I'm wondering why you think that steel would work better than the aluminum mandrels? I'm not trying to disagree, but just wondering, since I plan to do this too.

Top Bottom