First Try at Cigaring!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from grub32

grub32

Ok...I have to send a special shout out to fellow IAP Member Chris Conner for sharing some of his skills with me when I went to Columbus, OH over the weekend. Still working on my glossy finish!! Anyway, these are some cigars that I made today...these are my first ever. Also, this was my first attempt working with a acrylics and I think it went well...I was a bit nervous though, but it finished amazingly well. Oh, for all you steelers fans out there, the blanks is called PITTSBURGH and can be bought from woodcraft. The other is a cigar made from California olive wood.

Comments would be appreciated. But not about the photo :D I wanted to get the pictures up tonight before bed so I just set them on the kitchen and table and used the flash. I know, Blasphemy!!

Grub32

20082633130_feb.5.08.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

grub32

These are my first cigars...I have made slimlines and and some American rollerballs but not cigars. The yellow and black one was a real first because I had never done a cigar or ever an acrylic....lots of good fun though!!

Thanks for the comments,

Grub32

Grub -

I wish I could take a picture like that! As for the pens, I like the way you matched up your grain between the top and bottom barrels. I especially like how the center band of your acrylic pen separates the black S-jag in that blank. I think that was an inspired placement decision.

I'm less excited by the olivewood's grain location. Frankly, it causes me a great deal of anxiety, what with all the activity on the upper barrel and but a modicum or so on the lower. It looks like a rock was thrown into a pond at the finial end and ripples are emanating therefrom until they've petered out before reaching the nib. Ponds, rocks, ripples, petering - all are anxiety inducing concepts for me.

Just one man's opinion, of course. Bully on the acrylic, though!!!

jwoodwright

Members helping Members, that is what we are all about!

Great Cigars and well done. Great blanks and the fit and finish is also great.

Excellent photography, even if it was fast and flash on the table before bed...

Like to see the ones where you take your time with photography![:I]

grub32

Mike, I have to agree with you about the olive wood. I really disliked the grain orientation on the wood but I had it so I figured I would use it, I was trying out a new finish from the wishman and I didnt want to waste a great blank if I screwed it up...Although the finish is good and fun to turn as a First so I figured I'd put it together anyway, someone may buy it anyway...

Grub32- Thanks for the comments

Top Bottom