First try at Antler

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jd420214

jd420214

First off let me say sorry for the poor photo but I,m still working on that part.
This was my first try at turning deer antler and my first real attempt at CA finish pretty happy with the turn out.
The other pen was one of those wood blanks I almost throwed out got it with a bunch I ordered from a vendor on here it looked like it wasent worth turning rotted at one end and I was going to just chuck it but I kept looknig at it and said what the heck. Its on a phoenix kit after turning and polishing it looked pretty neat to me the stand I made myself I also do scroll sawing.

Attachments

• 20150815_200718.jpg
    20150815_200718.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 268
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Skie_M

Really gonna be brutally honest about this one ....

WHY DIDN'T YOU ENTER THEM INTO THE SUMMER EXTRAVAGANZA????

The pen stand alone was a worth entry!

Now that you've posted a pic online, you can't enter them... :(

(I was really hoping for some competition for the pen stand I put in, too ... :( )

jd420214

Thanks my wife says same thing about entering stuff in the fair I entered a clock and took best of show and overall grand champion. The stand is walnut I had laying around and knocked it out I,m making more as I can.
My wife had doctors appt this morning and her doctor bought the deer pen made a offer I couldn't refuse will just make another one.

Top Bottom