First try

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Brooks803

Brooks803

Here is my first attempt at making a finial. I didn't do the greatest job on this but wanted to post it to get some feedback/advice/tips/(bonehead why'd you do that) comments :biggrin:. I have several oop's on this pen and it will end up in the grocery list holder for now. Gonna have Hans take a look at it tomorrow and see if he or anyone else at our pen meeting can give me some help on what NOT to do next time. I scuffed up the metal on the cap as well as had the barrel break loose from the brass after assembly (not sure how it happened, but now it spins in place when you go to unscrew it) not to mention it cracked when I pressed in the last coupler (my fault here)...oh well it was a learning experience. As always all comments/questions appreciated

Attachments

• 100_4375.jpg
    100_4375.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 207
  • 100_4381.jpg
    100_4381.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 236
  • 100_4383.jpg
    100_4383.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 216
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

brookswife803

As always my dear you have created a fine pen! You and I know how much work went into this and I personally am elated at how stunning it is. The problems you see with it are minor and I don't think even someone buying this pen would notice. :) LOVE YOU!

RAdams

Banned
I really like the blank! Looks amazing. Next step is to disassemble the CB, and the post and add custom pieces there as well.

Brooks803

Thanks everyone. I really like this blank as well. I also have a matching red blank (they were my backup pith blanks). If anyone knows a way to modify the CB on the tycoon kit I'd love to give it a try. I also just got back from a Demo done by Hans on closed end pens so I'm thinking about giving my red blank a go with that...including the finial mod!

Top Bottom