First Tru Stone Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from BeSquare

BeSquare

Got a real nice Rhodium Gent Jr Fountain Pen and decided to give a Tru Stone blank a try with it. Turned really nice but I could definitely feel the difference with the amount of pressure on the turning tools, I had to take it slow. I did a custom finial for it and it really polished up nice.

C & C welcome!

- Rich

Attachments

• rh_fp_ts_1.jpg
    rh_fp_ts_1.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 255
  • rh_fp_ts_2.jpg
    rh_fp_ts_2.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 205
  • rh_fp_ts_3.jpg
    rh_fp_ts_3.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 194
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

islandturner

The photos are quite soft, so we can't see detail in the blank or hardware. But the pen does look nice -- the finial in particular really makes it special... Nicely done....!

OOPS

I would have to say a big +1 on the custom finial. That really sets off this pen. Which Tru-Stone blank is that?

SDB777

TruStone is definitely fun....little hard on those HSS tools too:eek:

Fit-n-finish look really good from my chair here!!

Scott (guess I need to find a TS blank) B

Dalepenkala

Looks like Wildhorse Jasper tru-stone. That is one of my favorite blanks! Yes photos a a bit blurry but I can still tell that is a sweet looking pen! Congrats!

I agree on the Wild Horse Jasper. One of my favorites, also. Haven't made one yet that didn't jump out of my hand into a customer's.

Rich - Excellent work on the pen. I'm thinking the finial is perfect! Nice job. Don't get too jazzed about your Tru-Stone experience, though. As soon as you do, it'll rear up and blow out or something awful. Gotta be humble and take it slow with that stuff (but well worth the effort as your pen shows).

BeSquare

Thanks for all the great comments folks, it is the wild horse jasper tru stone, it's just a gorgeous blank.

I did have a little fun with the cap on this one, it cracked and I had to repair it with some of the shavings and some CA, the crazy thing is the only reason it cracked was I had gotten my tool rest just a little bit too far away from the blank and my carbide tip dropped maybe 1/64".

I also figured out today why the picture was fuzzy, I had been taking some shots at a dark birthday part and the ISO was kicked way up. I forgot to reset it before I took pen pictures :/

Lesson learned!

Thanks again all!

Dale Lynch

I really like making tru-stone pens.You don't have to do anything extra to it to make a great looking pen.Unless it's a second with low matrix of course,then it's play time.

Top Bottom