First Tru-stone

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from keithbyrd

keithbyrd

This is my first Tru-stone - brittle, flakey, tedious but the results were pleasing. Polished with MM to 12000 with Ren Wax. C&C welcome.

Attachments

• Cigar Tru-Stone Black Gold Matrix.jpg
    Cigar Tru-Stone Black Gold Matrix.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 120
  • Cigar Tru-Stone Black Gold Matrix (2).jpg
    Cigar Tru-Stone Black Gold Matrix (2).jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 128
  • Cigar Tru-Stone Black Gold Matrix (5).jpg
    Cigar Tru-Stone Black Gold Matrix (5).jpg
    15 KB · Views: 116

JD Combs Sr

That's a nice cigar Keith. Just wondering, is it actually chocolate colored or is that just the photos? In any case its great workmanship.

keithbyrd

Just noticed the chocolate! It is actually black with gold matrix. My photo skills are lacking - what would make it look chocolate?

JD Combs Sr

Just noticed the chocolate! It is actually black with gold matrix. My photo skills are lacking - what would make it look chocolate?

It is probably a white balance setting. Check your camera/manual and see if the white balance can be set, if so set it for the type of lighting you are using. Looks like you are using incandescent but with possibly a fluorescent setting. There are people on here that know a lot more about it then me and I am sure one will jump in here with some good directions. All so checkout the photo tutorials in the library.

Edit: Well... I thought there were tutorials in the Library but did not see any, however, there is a Pen Photography forum which has a lot of good stuff.

Last edited:
Top Bottom