First Tru-stone

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ToddMR

ToddMR

So a guy at my work that I knew already sits over by my wife and is training her. He decided he really wanted a tru-stone pen. Even though I never made one he gave us the money for it and said if it failed no big deal he was just out the money for the material. So with my trusty new woodchuck pen pro in hand I went out this morning and turned it. I am VERY happy with the result here. He wanted a slight bulge in the pen body so I didn't do B2B like I normally would. Sorry about the glare line down the pen body, was hard to get good lighting on this one. I am going to deliver this one to him today. Let me know what you all think.

Oh, this is on a chrome Sedona btw. :biggrin:

malachite-sedona.jpg
malachite-sedona-1.jpg
malachite-sedona-2.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JimMc7

Looks good! Appears you did a good job aligning the pattern in both capped & posted positions -- well done!

alphageek

Former Moderator
Looks great!!! Now I'll bet you are looking forward to the other ones you ordered. I love the look of the trustone and if people are ok with the extra weight of the material, it makes fabulous pens.

jttheclockman

Looks great!!! Now I'll bet you are looking forward to the other ones you ordered. I love the look of the trustone and if people are ok with the extra weight of the material, it makes fabulous pens.

Actually I do not feel there is any added weight. These are not stone material like rocks. They are acrylic. If there is stone dust in there then maybe that is how they get the name I am not sure. I bet Ed can give us a detailed report but as far as using added weight as deterant to use this material would be a big mistake in my mind.

Nice job on the pen by the way. I am sure it will be well received. Thanks for showing.

Mark

Todd, Very nice job with the tru-stone. Nicely Done. I hope your customer loves it. I certainly would...

ToddMR

Yep, I delivered it a little while ago and he LOVED it! He said, I am going to be buying more. Sounds like he might be wanting a blue tru-stone sometime in the near future. LOL. Sounded good to me. Thanks everyone!

Top Bottom