First Tru-stone

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from rich gubbin

rich gubbin

Hi all,
Well my tru stone blanks arrived yesterday so off to the workshop last night to cut, drill and glue one up ready for turning today. And heres the results. I decided to use MM then a car polish and finally buffing wheels. Im pleased with the results. I,m going to be turning the black and gold tomorrow. I must say im glad i bought the woodchuck pro for this sort of work. C&C welcome.
Rgrds
Rich

Attachments

• triton 1.jpg
    triton 1.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 265
  • triton 2.jpg
    triton 2.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 166
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Looks great!!:good:
I love just about all the Tru-Stones, but can't afford to buy them all.
Hopefully R&B Crafts will donate a bunch of them again this year in the upcoming bash and I'll win them in the draw. !!!:biggrin: Yeah right!! :rolleyes: I think my winning anything days are over. :rolleyes:

SDB777

Really liking this blank......most Tru-Stone seems way over the top with the 'string' in it. This one lets the rest of the blank be beautiful too!!!

Nice fit-n-finish!!!

Scott (color combo = way cool) B

rich gubbin

Thanks for the kind comments. Im not sure that the woodchuck could have resulted in less sanding, i could have possibly missed the first 2 or 3 grades out. The big advantage for me was removing material cleanly and minimum of pressure or effort. Going to do the other two tomorrow, turquoise with gold and black with gold, both on Tritons again.

76winger

Hi all,
Well my tru stone blanks arrived yesterday so off to the workshop last night to cut, drill and glue one up ready for turning today. And heres the results. I decided to use MM then a car polish and finally buffing wheels. Im pleased with the results. I,m going to be turning the black and gold tomorrow. I must say im glad i bought the woodchuck pro for this sort of work. C&C welcome.
Rgrds
Rich

I've actually turned the Red / Gold Matrix Trustone with with my old Carbon Steel skew without much problems (use HSS now). But when you do that black one, the carbide tipped cutter is a must!

Great looking pen Rich!

Looks good - I use nothing but carbide for trustone, I tried HSS once and after sharpening it for the third time for one blank I won't use the HSS...
One tip for you is I save the trustone "dust" and use it for my inlay pens to fill the laser lines...works great.

Top Bottom