First time to upload a picture!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from chiefgreen

chiefgreen

Hope this worked!

This is a replica of a Vietnam Service ribbon. Made from acrylic and the 30 cal. pen kit. Alot of fun.

chiefgreen

Attachments

• HPIM0685.jpg
    HPIM0685.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 237
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ThomJ

Chief, where did you get the acrylics for this pen, I been looking everywhere so I could make one, with the nam campaign ribbon as the upper & the service ribbon as the lower. Nice job on it

chiefgreen

Craig - Yes, 1967-1968. Navy.

Thom - I get most of my equipment from Woodturningz.com. I blanks where their "Inlace Acrylester" #03, #05 and #53. Haven't tried the campaign ribbon yet, but it they just this started selling a white inlace blank the would work good and maybe the #53 would work for the green. The colors "shine up" real well.

chiefgreen

Last edited:

PaulDoug

Very nice. I've had it in my mind to make one using the actual ribbon once I get started playing at casting. I really like what you did, maybe this is the way to go instead.

chiefgreen

Seamus, went to http://texomapens.webs.com/. Wow! I really do like the stuff you have done. You have given me a couple of ideas. I saw the stamps project on the internet, and put that on my R&D departments to do list. LOL. I have not ventured much past the usual half dozen or so styles of pens. I unknowingly put limits on what I could do. However, since Jan. (when I retired) I realized the are no limits in pen turning. As a result, I have been having so much more fun. Ideas have been coming right and left. I told my wife, Sue, I need to start writing them down or I will forget them. I will attach a couple pictures in the near future. BTW, thank you for noticing the dimensions of the Vietnam Service ribbon. It was very important to me to get that right. Will talk more. I need to figure out the private message thing offered on the IAP.
Steve (chiefgreen)

RAdams

Banned
Those are beautiful!

Speaking of endless possibilities, don't go in the advanced pen forum for at leat a year! Otherwise, you will start having dreams of laser cutters and metal lathes!

Top Bottom