First time poster, my 5th pen!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from billteix

Status
Not open for further replies.

billteix

tn_cigar_amboyna.jpg

Hey guys first time posting. I did this pen a Cigar from Woodcraft using Amboyna Burl. What you think? it is my 5th pen. Comments? good or bad welcome.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Daniel

Nice material choice, and good job on keeping the grain matching, of course this seems a bit of a waisted effort on a twist pen. but I also do it all the time. I would like to know your thoughts on your finish. there is nothing wrong with it, I am just wondering if it is what you wanted.
the photo could be hiding a lot of details though. so i think you should send the pen directly to me for a closer inspection.

billteix

Originally posted by R2
<br />Welcome to the frustration Bill.[:)][:)]
Pen looks good from here too.[:p][:)]
I'm just wondering if the nib end is slightly under turned?

Na, I think it is just how the pic came out. In person the pen really does look good i think.

billteix

Originally posted by Daniel
<br />Nice material choice, and good job on keeping the grain matching, of course this seems a bit of a waisted effort on a twist pen. but I also do it all the time. I would like to know your thoughts on your finish. there is nothing wrong with it, I am just wondering if it is what you wanted.
the photo could be hiding a lot of details though. so i think you should send the pen directly to me for a closer inspection.

I used a friction lacquer. I would have preferred a bit more shine which i do get now since i changed my finish. I started using the Hut bar. I am more then satisfied with its performance. On my 6th pen. A Perm Cigar (Black) in orange wood.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom