First time post with a Karl Kuehn blank

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Roy_Quast

Roy_Quast

Hi....
This is the first time I have posted on this site although I have been looking around it for some time. Earlier this week I was lucky enough to find Karl's new listing of some of his blanks. I was able to grab 4 of them at first and then 2 more later in the week. These will not be the last I buy from him. Here is a pic of a sierra click with a "potpourri-summer morning" blank. When I was turning this blank, I really could smell the potpourri. At first I just thought I was smelling something funny but then realized the name of the blank... Finish is 5 coats of CA, MM to 12K.
IMG_3911.jpg

IMG_3913.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

karlkuehn

Banned
Wow, Roy, that's the first one of that color I've seen turned! Very nice, and I love the photo! ;) That background is really nice!

They do smell neat, don't they? heh...I wish you could preserve that smell, but they do need a finish don't they? Makes for a nice shop smell, though. :D

Well done, Roy!

Roy_Quast

I'd like to thank all of you for the positive replies. Especially from Karl beings it is one of his blanks. I know that I kind of copied Karl's style of photographing pens, but when you don't have a clue about what looks good, why not copy from the best. I hope Karl takes this as a compliment.:D
Roy

Top Bottom