First time Pic

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from JRowan

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRowan

Hopefully this turns out.

First pic is an assortment of some I have turned since the middle of Oct.

200522164133_IM000005.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JRowan

I will agree with it being small.

When you upload pics it says maximum size of 150 KB. Anything larger & it won't let you upload them. Believe me I done tried that route.

So, I have pics on my camera, transfered to puter via HP Image Zone, then saved to Microsoft Word to be able to upload. What & Where am I doing it wrong??

tipusnr

I'm going to let one of the graphics "experts" handle this question as there are a lot of variables. I'm only jumping in as this is the type of thing I was trying to get at when posting under the discussions on maximum width for graphics.

If we are going to expect novice digital graphics users to massage their photographs to the best advantage of everyone...we need to come up with a total package that encompasses graphic and file size (too small as well as too large) and graphic density or compression (dpi - I think).

The pens appear to be well done however I can't really tell. I hope someone is able to help you out so we can fully appreciate your work and talent.

JRowan

Ok Doghouse, care to share with us non photo guys how the heck you did that?

Also since you blew it up, its not near as clear as the smaller pic. Is there a way to clear it back up after blowing it up?

Sorry for all the questions, but I have looked thru a lot of the posts on pic posting and couldn't make heads or tails out of what people where talking about. Need to make it simple (like nib goes on small end of lower barrel) type explaination.

timdaleiden

Originally posted by JRowan
<br />So, I have pics on my camera, transfered to puter via HP Image Zone, then saved to Microsoft Word to be able to upload. What & Where am I doing it wrong??

As far as I know, any scanner or Digital camera will come with photo editing software. Most, if not all, will allow you to resize the image. Any program that I have ever put on my computer has help files. The problem with trying to answer this question is that all programs do things a bit differently. Open the photo with HP Image Zone, search the help files for "resize" or just "size". It should give step by step instructions.

If you can't figure it out, ask again. Somebody will surely try to answer. Hope that helps a bit.

JRowan

Tim, the photo I posted was resized in Hp image zone to be 148 kb, which is below the maximum of 150 to be able to upload here.

But, I notice when I click on the pic that is posted in my original post that it is 31,000 bytes so what the heck happened to the remaining 107,000??

Sorry guys, but like my other post. Make it in terms easy to understand for a non geek & I may make it happen.

Doghouse

I use Paint Shop pro. It has a resize option so you can set it to any size you want. The problem with blowing a picture up is that there is only so much data in the file. The computer then has to guess at the rest. I also adjusted the color and brightness.

Remember take the picture as big as your camera / scanner will allow then shrink it down after your editing is done. That way you have the largest amount of data to work with.

Gary

You apparently didn't resice it correctly or you started out smaller than you thought because the picture you posted is only 30.3KB.

<br />Tim, the photo I posted was resized in Hp image zone to be 148 kb, which is below the maximum of 150 to be able to upload here.

But, I notice when I click on the pic that is posted in my original post that it is 31,000 bytes so what the heck happened to the remaining 107,000??

Sorry guys, but like my other post. Make it in terms easy to understand for a non geek & I may make it happen.

timdaleiden

<br />Tim, the photo I posted was resized in Hp image zone to be 148 kb, which is below the maximum of 150 to be able to upload here.

I noticed you said you saved it to Microsoft Word. You may have inadvertantly re-scaled it there too. Just save it to your desktop as a JPEG.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom