First time with acrylics

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from BigShed

BigShed

Have been practising drilling and turning acrylic.

Used a 15mm gouge to rough turn the blanks to round, then finished off with 15mm skew chisel.

Must say I rather like turning this acrylic stuff, lovely to see those plastic ribbons flying off.

I bought some Sierra kits from Bear Tooth Woods, some bright Copper and some 2 tone Copper, also some 2 tone Chrome for the granddaughters wedding pens (this is what this practising is all about, the things you do you for your grand children.)

The finishing has been done by dry sanding with 320, 400 and 800, then wet sanding with 800, 1200 and 2000 wet and dry paper.

Finish off on the polishing mop with white diamond paste, comes up very shiny, very quickly, wish I could finish wood this way!

The first pen is the bright Copper Sierra using a Green Opal (F44) acrylic blank from Carbatec.

200831272435_007_sierra_bright_copper_greenopal.jpg

The second pen is the 2 tone Copper Sierra, using a Brown (S29) acrylic blank from Carbatec.

200831272452_008_sierra_2tonecopper_brownacrylic.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Tanner

Nice looking pens! The pictures are great! It may be my screen, however you may want to give them a rub down with a soft cloth before the picture is taken. I think I see some smudges or fingerprints. JMHO

Top Bottom