First time with acrylic

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from rwyoung

rwyoung

Picked up some acrylic blanks on sale at the local (only an hour drive) PSI re-seller as well as some cigar kits.

This was the first time I've worked with acrylic blanks. Time to figure out the skew chisel once and for all. After doing some research and a few practice cuts on wood I discovered my problem. I've been setting the tool rest too low. For me, it works better just above center line so I can work on the top of the blank. The chisel has always been plenty sharp, that wasn't my problem. Now I can cut a nice ribbon like a skew is supposed to! :biggrin:

In fact, I was having so much fun with the skew, the shape of the upper tube got away from me on the black blank (first one I cut) so it is a little odd looking for a cigar. Oh well. :rotfl:

Attachments

• cigar_acrylic_001_small.jpg
    cigar_acrylic_001_small.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 231
  • cigar_acrylic_002_small.jpg
    cigar_acrylic_002_small.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 210

Ligget

As long as you had fun that is all that matters, the skew is a great tool once mastered and it sounds like you have done just that, congratulations. The pens look great appart from the obvious little mistake which we have all done at one time or another. LOL

Top Bottom