First Three Kitless

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from anthonyd

anthonyd

The first one is a clipless green acrylic which has an El Grande nib and section. I used a 10X1 tap for the section to body threads and a 12X.8 triple start for the cap to body threads. Sorry for the poor quality of the pictures. I have to add this to the learning curve.
Kitless 1a.jpg Kitless1b.jpgKitless1c.jpg

The second is made from an acrylic blank called Tropical Rain. I used a 9X.75 tap and die for the section to body threads and a 12X.8 triple start for the cap to body threads. #5 Schmidt nib

kitless2a.jpg kitless2b.jpg Kitless2c.jpg Kitless2d.jpg

The third is made from an acrylic blank called Purple Rain. I still have to make a cap and decide what shape to give the end of the body. I used a 9X.75 tap and die for the section to body threads and a 12X.8 triple start for the cap to body threads. #5 Schmidt nib
Kitless3a.jpgKitless3b.jpgKitless3c.jpgKitless3d.jpg

C and C's are wlcome.
Tony

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

anthonyd

Really nice work! Love the first one. The Purple Rain is very pretty, too.

Thanks Chris, the photo does not do the blank's colours justice.

Nicely done, I had once thought of trying to make pens like this, you really have done very well!!

Thanks for the kind words Jim. It was after I attended your seminars at the woodshow in Kitchener and saw your beautiful pens in person that I took up the obsession.

Tony

Jim Burr

Banned
Right behind ya Tony!! I like the first one...just good classic work. #2...ehhhh. #3...I love the shape!!! Really nice. Don't rush the cap...great so far!! I'm using El Grande sections as well...but a big pat on the back for doing your own on 2 & 3!!

plantman

:search::search: Tony; Great job on the pens. I am fond of the green one myself. This is going to be my next learning project. May I suggest a lighter backround color, ( white ) and more even defused lighting. Three daylite bulbs. No floresents, they will give you a yellow tint, and not a true color. Overhead and both sides will get rid of shadows. The photos are a little hard to pick up all the details. Look in the library for hints on photo taking. Jim S

anthonyd

Right behind ya Tony!! I like the first one...just good classic work. #2...ehhhh. #3...I love the shape!!! Really nice. Don't rush the cap...great so far!! I'm using El Grande sections as well...but a big pat on the back for doing your own on 2 & 3!!

Thanks Jim

:search::search: Tony; Great job on the pens. I am fond of the green one myself. This is going to be my next learning project. May I suggest a lighter backround color, ( white ) and more even defused lighting. Three daylite bulbs. No floresents, they will give you a yellow tint, and not a true color. Overhead and both sides will get rid of shadows. The photos are a little hard to pick up all the details. Look in the library for hints on photo taking. Jim S

Thanks Jim, that explains why they are yellow.

The green one does it for me as well. Just not to fond of the small nib though
Donovan

Donovan, I also prefer the #6 nibs. I bought these to practice with because they are 1/3 the cost of the Bock and Jowo nibs.
Thanks for the comment,
Tony

Robert111

Whoa! These are your first? Amazing! You did pens that post and one with a clip. That's great. The photography is something to work on but you definitely are there with the basic tubeless pen techniques.

anthonyd

Great job on the pens! I just finished my first kitless as well, they're lots of fun!

The Ontario chapter needs to do a meeting or two so we see all these great pens in person.

AK

Thanks Andrew. Your first pen is fantastic. You only live about 15 minutes from me. It would be great to have a chapter meeting.

Tony

anthonyd

Whoa! These are your first? Amazing! You did pens that post and one with a clip. That's great. The photography is something to work on but you definitely are there with the basic tubeless pen techniques.

Thanks Robert, I love your pens. The finish on them is unbelievable. I am definitely going to do more research on the photography aspect.

Tony

Gilrock

Great job on you're first 3 kitless pens. I think it was a good move to switch to the 9mm tap on the 2nd and 3rd pens. When I read the description for pen #1 I had the calculator out cause it sounded like a really thin wall thickness.

anthonyd

Great job on you're first 3 kitless pens. I think it was a good move to switch to the 9mm tap on the 2nd and 3rd pens. When I read the description for pen #1 I had the calculator out cause it sounded like a really thin wall thickness.

It is very thin. The first tenon I made on the barrel cracked so I turned it off and made another on the same barrel. This shortened the barrel a little but I was still happy with the end result.

Tony

paintspill

that first one sucks, you should throw it out, whens garbage day in ancaster, thats only an hour or so down the road from here. i'll swing by and make sure it gets "disposed of" properly :biggrin:

Top Bottom