First TBC Pen...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from panamag8or

panamag8or

Okay, I'm hooked on TBC, now. :biggrin:
Jr. Gent in rhodium from Smitty, blank from ElMostro(part of trivia prize).

599638_233753726749746_126630242_n.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jim Burr

Banned
Two things Lee...Cool work and the fit looks sweet!! But the important question is...how'd you like BTC?

panamag8or

Jim, I loved turning between centers. The blank felt really solid on the lathe, and I was able to dig in a little more, to take more off with each pass. One tip: make sure there is no glue in the tube, or the bushings get jammed in tight. I had to knock one out with a punch when I was done.

Tom, I got the bushings from Johnnycnc, a member here. He has all you need to get started.

BSea

I started out TBC, and I can't imagine ever using a madral for pens. As mentioned by panamag8or, the bushings by Jonnycnc work great. I have them for many of the pens I do over & over, but now, when I try a new kit, I just use calipers to get to final diameter. While his bushing are really great, they aren't a requirement for TBC.

plano_harry

I do the same thing Bob does. I prefer having the bushings for kits I do often, but for a new kit I go TBBBC - turning bare bushing between centers :tongue:

Harry

I have to put in a plug for JohnnyCNC -- if you get his bushings, he will cut you a deal on a carbide tipped dead center that is a real good price.

Last edited:
Top Bottom