first tapered pen..is my 13th pen ever

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Ambidex

Ambidex

yellowheart...was worried about wasting a good blank...for me was a great success..I know it doesn't match some of the awesome work here....yet:)..man this is so addicting it can't be legal..any advice is always welcome..so far there has been nothing but generous offering of advice,,and thank you all..hopefully can give back in the future
i hate the camera..didn't see the sanding mistakes till I posted..ah well..still like it
002.jpg

001.jpg

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SDB777

The sanding marks is something everyone here finds(just remember to sand with the grain before changing to the next grit)....don't sweat the small stuff on the Slimlines...that one looks good!

I like the Antique kits, makes the timber look better for some reason....BTW, what kind of spalted timber you turning there?

Scott (fit-n-finish look good to me) B

Ambidex

pen

Used Mylands 3 step...have tried ca before..turned out pretty well but wanted to try this stuff...was much easier but probably not longlasting like ca..you're right on the money Scott..did forget to sand with the grain between grits..good catch!:redface:

toyotaman

Its nice to be some of the first ones you have made. These things are addictive and there are alot of different kits out there to try. Good luck.

Fatdawg

Looking good George! Great job of pairing the materials, they go well togehter.
Would like to know where you got the kit. Keep em comin.

Top Bottom